In our mid-50s, we sold our house and most of our belongings to share the adventure of traveling full-time around the country.
Find out where we are headed next, along with our longer term plans and maps showing all the places we’ve traveled to so far.
Learn about our 400 square foot home–a 41′ long Heartland Landmark fifth-wheel trailer towed by a Ford F-450 Super Duty.
Our latest stories
- We got our first taste of sea kayaking–and checked another national park off our list–on a spectacular guided excursion with Seward tour company Liquid Adventures to Bear Glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park on June 23, 2017. After meeting our guide, Libby, and... Read More »
- The route from Anchorage to Portage, on the Seward Highway along the northern shore of the Turnagain Arm of Cook Inlet, is widely considered to be one of the most beautiful and scenic drives in the state (if not the entire... Read More »
- June 22, 2017 marked one year since Cheryl and I pulled out of the RV park in Aubrey and began the adventure of a lifetime. It’s hard to decide exactly which date to call our “nomadiversary”. Was it when we moved... Read More »
- Is the Alaska TourSaver Coupon Book worth the purchase price? The answer depends on the kind of travelling you are doing, the places you are visiting, and the kinds of activities you are planning, …... Read More »
- Riding the Alaska Railroad’s historic Hurricane Turn Train is an authentic Alaskan experience quite unlike anything else in the state. Departing from Talkeetna, about 130 miles south of the entrance to Denali National Park, the …... Read More »
- Alaska’s Denali National Park and Preserve is one of the crown jewels of America’s national park system: six million acres of virtually untamed land, bisected by one 92-mile-long ribbon of road that passes through low-elevation taiga …... Read More »