In our mid-50s, we sold our house and most of our belongings to share the adventure of traveling full-time around the country.
Find out where we are headed next, along with our longer term plans and maps showing all the places we’ve traveled to so far.
Learn about our 400-square-foot home–a 41′ long New Horizons Majestic fifth-wheel trailer towed by a Ford F-450 Super Duty truck.
Our latest stories
- The Sunshine Meadows hike near Banff has the kind of dramatic beauty that takes your breath away every time you come around a curve in the trail to a different view. It should be on …... Read More »
- In May 2023 we took delivery of a brand-new, custom-built Majestic fifth-wheel trailer, created by New Horizons RV in Junction City, Kansas. We designed everything–the floor plan, fixtures, appliances, decor, exterior paint scheme, lighting, and …... Read More »
- Towing a large fifth-wheel trailer like ours requires careful and consistent adherence to various procedures to ensure that the rig and its contents arrive safely at the destination. Just like when I was piloting airplanes, …... Read More »
- On May 9, 2023, we finally saw our new home in person for the first time! It’s a 2023 Majestic fifth-wheel trailer, designed and custom-built to our specifications by New Horizons RV Corp. in Junction …... Read More »
- Santa Fe is a foodie heaven--especially (but not exclusively) if you like New Mexican cuisine as I do. We pretty much ate our way through the city and barely scratched the surface of the gastronomic …... Read More »
- Damn…lightning almost struck us twice. Back in December 2019, we were towing our fifth-wheel trailer out of Glen Rose, Texas on a two-lane highway. We were exiting the highway to the left (there was no …... Read More »
Get our newest stories by email as soon as we post them
Special discounts and deals for our RVing friends
Enjoy discounts and extra value freebies on some of our favorite RVing resources, including memberships in Escapees RV Club / Xscapers, Passport America and Harvest Hosts, as well as disc brake conversions from Performance Trailer Braking.