Where we are now
We are currently at Boondocking on friends' property in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument .
Our upcoming destinations
Our original plans for the spring of 2020 had us traveling northward through Arizona and Utah toward Wyoming and Montana for the summer. However, the COVID-19 pandemic changed all that. Instead, we have been staying on a friend’s rural property in southern Utah since mid-May, and we expect to be here until mid-October. After that:
- October 9-15: Bauer’s Canyon Ranch RV Park, Glendale, UT (visiting Zion NP & Cedar Breaks NM)
- October 16-17: Dispersed camping near Grand Canyon North Rim, AZ
- October 18-24: Wahweap RV Park Lower Campground, Lake Powell, Page, UT
- October 25-29: Lake Pleasant Regional Park, Morristown, AZ
- October 30-December 2: Escapees North Ranch RV Park, Congress, AZ (hosting the Arizona Winter Home Base Hangout)
- December 3-4: en route to Dallas area via Deming, NM and Midland, TX
- December 5-18: Shady Creek RV Park, Aubrey, TX
After our December stay in the Dallas area, we expect to head back to Arizona, probably to either the Saguaro SKP Co-Op in Benson or the North Ranch RV Park in Congress.
In 2021, we hope to try to follow our planned 2020 adventures in Utah, Wyoming and Montana, but those plans will depend on where the country stands with the pandemic.
Where we’ve been
These Google Maps show our travel history by year (jump to 2015-16, 2017, 2018 or 2019). They include only overnight stays in our RV, not side trips. The maps are fully interactive; you can drag them around and zoom in or out. You can also show or hide one or more periods to easily see where we were at a particular time.
Here is a summary of our 2017 RV journey with a list of where we stayed and highlights of what we did along the way.